Virtua Fighter (arcade) 1993
First 3D fighting game with viewpoint zoomed and rotated with the action, first jumping characters in 3D fighting games
Arcade system: Sega Model 1
Magazine review (Edge) 1994
1) Nightwolf personage from Mortal kombat 3 is based on Wolf.
2) Electronic Gaming Monthly hailed Virtua Fighter as a demonstration of "just how far video games have come in the last eight years."
3) Characters could move in three dimensions, and a dynamic camera could zoom, pan, and swoop dramatically around the arena.
4) Some of the Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) staff involved in the creation of the original PlayStation video game console credit Virtua Fighter as inspiration for the PlayStation's 3D graphics hardware. According to SCE's former producer Ryoji Akagawa and chairman Shigeo Maruyama, the PlayStation was originally being considered as a 2D focused hardware, and it wasn't until the success of Virtua Fighter in the arcades that they decided to design the PlayStation as a 3D focused hardware. Toby Gard also cited Virtua Fighter as an influence on the use of polygon characters, and the creation of Lara Croft, in Tomb Raider.
5) Arcade poster says that Pai is male, not female.
6) Emulated in: MAME (not fully emulated).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
See my other website: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.