Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (Windows) 1998
First fully 3D tactical shooter
1) To add to the realism, all in-game characters, terrorists, hostages and Rainbow operatives, can be wounded or dispatched in just fractions of a second with only one or two bullets.
2) There is a Rainbow Six book by Tom Clancy that tells a much more detailed version of the game's story. The game has many more missions than the novel of the same name by Tom Clancy. Red Storm decided they want to do a tactical shooter, while Tom Clancy said his next book will be about terrorism and counter-terrorist outfit. It's only natural to have them work on the same backgrounds.
3) GameSpot described the PC version - its "audio cues, background sounds, and other various noises are also represented very well; the immersive feeling of Rainbow Six is perhaps one of the best seen in a game."
4) In the German version, all blood effects were removed and killed enemies disappear almost instantly.
5) First 3D tactical shooter is SEAL team (1993).
6) Emulated in: VMware
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
See my other website: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.