Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 (Windows) 1997
First 2K resolution (2048x1536), first full HD game (1080p)
Earliest Magazine preview -Computer and Video Games (1997)
Magazine review -Computer and Video Games (1997)
1) It is one of the early games to adopt the use of 3D graphics hardware acceleration using Microsoft Direct3D.
2) First modern looking "Star Wars" game , featuring third-person (along with first person) view of the Jedi with lightsaber in hands.
3) Between levels Jedi Knight features full motion video cutscenes. The characters are represented by live actors while the backgrounds are pre-rendered graphics. The cutscenes included the first lightsaber footage filmed since 'Return of the Jedi" movie in 1983.
4) The game was compared positively with Doom, a significant game in the first-person shooter genre.
5) The graphical presentation of the levels received specific praise from IGN: "No other first person shooter has come close to Jedi Knight 's dizzying sense of scale and its vast levels.".
6) According to some rumors at the time of development and release, LucasArts contacted Lucasfilm and George Lucas directly over the effects of a lightsaber when it submerged in water.
7) The music heard in the game is taken directly from the original Star Wars trilogy film soundtracks, performed by London Symphony Orchestra. It's included on the game CDs as Red Book Audio which means that the game CDs can be listened to in an ordinary CD player.
8) During the game's many live action sequences, fans of Star Wars are treated to many new colors of lightsabers. (At this point in the franchise, only red/blue/green lightsabers had been seen.) Among the new sabers are yellow and purple ones.
9) There was ability to throw light saber (in the game beta), but it was scrapped due to technical difficulties.
10) Pro Pinball: Timeshock! (1997) video game was released same day as this game and has 1600x1200 resolution.
11) Game had new record for screen resolutions in gaming - it's not only the first full HD game (1920x1080) (Hi-Ten Bomberman (1993) had resolution 1920 x 1035), but also first 2K resolution (2048x1536).
12) Game runs on Windows 10 with patch.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.