Space Harrier (arcade) 1985
First shadow from player in 3D game, second game to use 16-bit graphics and Sega's "Super Scaler" technology
Arcade system: Sega Space Harrier
Earliest review - Computer and Video Games (March 1986)
1) It was influenced by the earlier 1982 Sega game Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom, and Space Harrier in turn influenced later 3D shooters such as Nintendo's Star Fox/Starwing in 1993.
2) Running on the Sega Space Harrier arcade system board previously used by Hang-On.
3) The sprite/tile scaling in the game was handled in a similar manner to textures in later texture-mapped polygonal 3D games of the 1990s.
4) The game was also proto third-person shooter (first real third-person shooter was Xybots (1987).
5) Space Harrier originally mentioned that it took place in the Fantasy Zone just as the game of the same name, (remember the "Welcome to the Fantasy Zone! Get Ready!" intro?) and many have claimed that the games take place in the same universe considering the similarity in graphic design. While SEGA never made any official statement they did try to capitalize on the similarities with Space Fantasy Zone. An unreleased Fantasy Zone sequel for the PC Engine CD was developed that used the pseudo 3D gameplay of the Space Harrier series but used Opa-Opa and his gang of cute characters and levels. It is unsure why the game never got released, but several beta copies have been leaked and you can easily find them around the net and run them with an emulator.
6) Harrier was the name of the military jet from 1967 (harrier is a nickname or occupational name for someone who hunted hares, or who was thought to resemble a breed of dog used in hunting
hares. nickname for someone thought to resemble a harrier, a kind of hawk).
7) Processor 32 mhz.
8) Emulated in: MAME
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.