Resident Evil 4 (GameCube) 2005
First over-the-shoulder viewpoint
pictures from strategy guide
Beta story (2003) Gamecube magazine
Magazine preview - Games tm Australia (2004)
Magazine review - Games tm Australia (2005)
Magazine preview - GMR (2004)
Magazine commercial - GMR (2005)
Magazine review - GMR (2005)
Official site screenshots (site is deleted)
1) Trick: Point the laser cursor to zombie faces long enough and sometimes they'll raise the hands to cover themselves.
2) Trick: Take out the knife and hit any cow 6 times. The cow fights back by stabing Leon with the horns. It makes damage but it wont kill you even if you bar is empty. Even more, the cow you stabbed always will attack every time you get close to it.
3) Looking at the rays of light shining through windows and other places is possible to see the small dust particles dancing in the air.
4) You can shoot the crows when they are flying. It's hard but the falling animation is very realistic.
5) After the fight with Del Lago is possible to freely roam in the lake, you can harpoon the fish and pick them up by getting the boat near them.
6) Ashley panties are not a simple white texture. Developers went the extra mile and made a decoration to the top part.
7) First hinted at in early December 1999, Resident Evil 4, which underwent a lengthy development time during which at least four proposed versions of the game were discarded. Developer Mikami felt it strayed too far from the series' survival horror roots and gradually convinced all of the staff members to make the game independent from it. Kamiya eventually rewrote the story to be set in a world full of demons and changed the hero's name to Dante. The cast of characters remained largely identical to that in Sugimura's scenario, although the hero's mother and his father, the latter an early version of the Umbrella Corporation founder Lord Ozwell E. Spencer, were written out of the story. The separate game's new title was revealed as "Devil May Cry", released for the PlayStation 2 in August 2001, resulting in its own franchise.
8) "Best-Selling Survival Horror Game" in the 2012 Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition.
9) The over-the-shoulder viewpoint introduced in Resident Evil 4 has later become standard in third-person shooters, including titles ranging from Gears of War to Batman: Arkham Asylum. It has also become a standard "precision aim" feature for action games in general, with examples ranging from Dead Space and Grand Theft Auto 4 to the Ratchet & Clank Future series.While working on "The Last of Us", developers Naughty Dog took cues from Resident Evil 4, particularly the tension and action. (First this viewpoint used as shooting mode in the game Small Soldiers (1998) and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (2002).
10) The story is supposed to take place in Spain, but the Spanish spoken by the village people is the Mexican dialect (which has a very different pronunciation). But uniform of police and other small things is spanish.
11) The Matilda handgun was named after the character with the same name from the movie Leon: The Professional (1994).
12) To not anger the new Japanese bureau of youth protection CERO, Capcom censored Residen Evil 4 in terms of violence as well as the physics of Ashleys breast.
13) Chainsaw zombies was influenced by zombies from Doom 3.
14) Emulated in: Dolphin. Also Windows version with high resolution
graphics was released in 2014.
15) Strange "Merchant" character is just a villager who interested in money (as writtenin Strategy Guide) (picture below).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.