Nekketsu Koha Kunio-kun (arcade) 1986
First isometric beat 'em up, first beat 'em up used 4-directional control, first game game to use combos
Arcade system: Taito Licensed Games
1) Japanese arcade game "Nekketsu Koha Kunio-kun" (which roughly translates to "Hot-Blooded Tough Guy Kunio") released in American and European arcades in 1986 by Taito as "Renegade'. It's a westernized conversion (including changes to all of the sprites and backgrounds) of the game. Instead of the damsel-in-distress plot of Renegade, Kunio-kun featured the titular high school student, Kunio, standing up for his bullied friend Hiroshi.
2) It is an immediate technological predecessor of "Double Dragon" games.
3) In addition to an eight-direction joystick, there are three buttons; left attack, right attack, and jump. Pressing the attack in the direction the character is facing will punch, while attacking in the opposite direction will perform a rear kick. Jumping, followed immediately by one of the attack buttons, which will perform a jumping kick in the direction of the attack. Pressing the joystick twice quickly either left or right will cause the player to run, at which point attacking in the direction of the run will perform a running punch, jumping will automatically perform a flying kick, and attacking in the opposite direction will bring the player to a sudden halt and perform a back-kick.
4) The title of the Japanese version was influenced by Konami's arcade game, Shinnyuushain Tooru-Kun (known outside of Japan as Mikie).
5) On February 27, 1988, Renegade was put on the infamous German censors index by the BPjS. (means its almost banned, and you can buy it only by request).
6) Emulated in: MAME
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
See my other website: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.