Warrior (arcade) 1979
First game to use motion capture, first sword fighting game.
Monochrome game with color overlay
Arcade system: unique
1) Due to the limitations of the hardware used, the processor could not render the characters and gaming environment at the same time and backgrounds were printed, with the characters projected on the top.
2) System included a 19' black and white vector monitor, a half-silvered mirror, and a detailed plastic display of the game background. Those items all came together to make it look like the action was happening directly on the picture of the background, instead of on the monitor itself.
3) Motion capture is the process of recording the movement of objects or people. In filmmaking and video game development, it refers to recording actions of human actors, and using that information to animate digital character models in 2D or 3D computer animation. When it includes face and fingers or captures subtle expressions, it is often referred to as performance capture (Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury 1999). In motion capture sessions, movements of one or more actors are sampled many times per second. Whereas early techniques used images from multiple cameras to calculate 3D positions, often the purpose of motion capture is to record only the movements of the actor, not his or her visual appearance. This animation data is mapped to a 3D model so that the model performs the same actions as the actor. This process may be contrasted to the older technique of rotoscope (Karateka 1984) where the motion of an actor was filmed, then the film used as a guide for the frame-by-frame motion of a hand-drawn animated character.
4) First motion capture on film was in The Stick Man (1967).
5) Emulated in: MAME (not fully emulated).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.