Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss (DOS) 1992
First first-person shooter with varying heights and texture-mapped floors and ceilings, sloped floors; first first person shooter with blood, first first person shooter where player can fly and swim
Magazine review -ACE (1992)
1) Physics system allows, among other things, for items to bounce when thrown against surfaces.
2) "Tolkien's description of Moria struck me in particular, and it seemed like a fine setting for a game."
(Paul Neurath- creator)
3) Review- "ACE" , called Ultima Underworld "the next true evolutionary step in the RPG genre", and noted that its simulation-style dungeon was "frighteningly realistic".
Computer Shopper enjoyed its storyline and characters, and believed that the game "makes you feel as if you've entered a virtual reality".
4) Supports Roland MT-32 audio.
5) I'ts the second first person shooter with up and down glance ability (after Driller).
6) Emulated in: DOSBox
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
See my other website: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.