Red Faction (PlayStation 2) 2001
Advanced destructible environments (allowing the player to destroy certain sections of the scenery in the game - for example, instead of opening a door, a player could blast through the rock surrounding the door)
Magazine preview - PlayStation 2 Official (2004) +Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty preview
1) Red Faction takes place on Mars around the year 2075.
2) The game was inspired by several works of contemporary science fiction, most notably the movie Total
3) Advanced destructible environments: the game engine's GeoMod technology, which allowed
players to significantly alter and otherwise affect the surrounding terrain and buildings, either with
explosives or otherwise. Past games had allowed limited alteration of the environment through scripted
means, or special triggered areas which would add or remove certain predefined level elements. Red
Faction was one of the first games to allow players unscripted level-altering possibilities.
4) First desctructible enviroments was in Magic Carpet (1994).
5) Emulated in: PCSX2 (not fully emulated).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.