Quake 3 Arena (Windows) 1999
First "shader" system (advanced lighting, where the appearance of many surfaces can be defined in text files referred to as shader scripts), first spline-based
curved surfaces in addition to planar volumes (which a in first person shooters responsible for many of the surfaces present within the game), first models
animated using vertex animation with attachment tags (known as the .md3 format, allowing models to maintain separate torso and leg animations and hold weapons), first volumetric fog, first
wave-form vertex distortion
Earliest Magazine preview - PCXL (1999)
Review (Arcade (2000-01)
Magazine review - GamePro (2000)
Magazine preview - PCXL (1999)
Magazine commercial - PCXL (2000)
Magazine review - PCXL (2000)
Magazine previews - Computer and videogames (1999)
Magazine review - Computer and videogames (2000)
1) Quake III Arena has been used extensively in professional electronic sports tournaments such as QuakeCon, Cyberathlete Professional League, and the Electronic Sports World Cup. (first electronic sports game is - Spacewar! (1961).
2) Quake III: Arena presents some of the heroes from previous Id games as playable skins, including the Space Marine from Doom, the marine from Quake, and a few of the different marines from Quake II. All of these models and skins have both male and female counterparts, and different color variations.
3) Shader is a computer program that is used to do shading: the production of appropriate levels of color within an image, or, in the modern era, also to produce special effects or do video post-processing.
4) Vertex animation is the keyframed animation of individual vertices of a mesh. It's good for very complicated motion like that of cloth, hair, or water.
5) Game feautured advanced movie quality, photorealistic human depiction CGI intro.
6) Emulated in: VMware
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.