NASA Virtual Reality Headset (1985) (custom computer)
First virtual reality headset (VR)
1) Developed at NASA with help of VPL research.
2) Costs $30.000-50.000. Have 64x32 monochromic resolution display, 25-30 Hz screens, Latency = > 90-120 ms or more.
3) Used most powerful at the time of release Silicon Graphics computer one for each lense (possible Cray computers).
4) VPL Research has developed several VR devices like the Data Glove, the Eye Phone, and the Audio Sphere. VPL licensed the Data Glove technology to Mattel, which used it to make an accessory known as the Power Glove (watch Super Glove Ball).
5) Has speech recognition, controller and gloves.
6) Used wireframe graphics, similar to first augmented headset The Sword of Damocles.
7) Game is not emulated.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.