Moto-Cross (Fonz) (arcade) 1976
First haptic force feedback, first scrolling motorcycle racing game, advanced sprite scaling
Arcade system: Sega Discrete Logic
Review - All Game Guide (1998)
"Based on the popular '70s television series Happy Days, Fonz puts players in the role of the leather jacketed title character as he rides his motorcycle down winding streets, racing as fast as he can while trying to avoid other bikers and the side of the road. The game is unique for the time of its release in that the controls are a pair of handlebars complete with throttle and a special vibration function. When Fonz wrecks into another bike, the handlebars vibrate and the screen flashes a reverse image of the overhead view action."
1) The point of the game is to drive a motorcycle as fast as possible on the track without hitting other bikes or skidding off the road; the player receives 10 points per second at the slowest speed and 10 points per half second at top speed. Passing 1000 kilometers activates extended play. The game is controlled with a motorcycle handlebar interface; players twist to throttle the engine and crashes causes force feedback on the handlebars.
2) Haptic technology, refers to any technology that can create an experience of touch by applying forces, vibrations, or motions to the user. These technologies can be used to create virtual objects in a computer simulation, to control virtual objects, and to enhance remote control of machines and devices (telerobotics). Haptic devices may incorporate tactile sensors that measure forces exerted by the user on the interface.
3) First game with sprite scaling was Interceptor (1975).
4) Earliest videogame to feature a motorbike was "Heavy Traffic" arcade game from Digital Games (1975).
5) Game used a pseudo-3d forward-scrolling third-person view.
6) Later rereleased as "Fonz".
7) Game is not emulated.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.