Magic Carpet (DOS) 1994
First 3D water effects (advanced fluid simulation), first destructible terrain, advanced
reflections, first anti-aliasing, first auto-stereogram game
Magazine preview - Computer and video games (1994)
Magazine preview - PC Format (1994)
Magazine preview - PC Zone (1994)
Magazine review-Electronic Entertainment (1995)
Magazine commercial - PC gamer (1995)
1) Revolutionary for the time were real-time terrain-altering spells such as crater, volcano, and earthquake; it is possible for the player to carve through a continent (rather than splitting apart a land mass, earthquake digs a twisting gorge in the ground), build up a volcano, or dig a lake (with crater). Magic Carpet had what was perhaps the best graphics engine of that time.
2) Magic Carpet was one of the first games to support 3D glasses in many different configurations. You can use virtual reality headsets, red/blue glasses, the program will even generate a realtime random dot stereogram!
3) First reflections in a 3D game was in Dark Edge (1992).
4) Game presented first anti-aliasing (called "softer" in the game - press F4 to enable it).
5) Destructible environment, or terrain deformation, refers to an environment within a game which can be wholly or partially destroyed by the player. It may refer to any part of the environment including terrain, buildings and other man-made structures.
6) Watch Tread Marks (2000) for more destructible
7) Antialiasing is the smoothing of the image or sound roughness caused by aliasing . With images, approaches include adjusting pixel positions or setting pixel intensities so that there is a more gradual transition between the color of a line and the background color.
8) An autostereogram is a single-image stereogram (SIS), designed to create the visual illusion of a three-dimensional (3D) scene from a two-dimensional image.
9) Early primitive version of 3D water can be found in the game Midwinter 2: Flames of Freedom (1991, Atari ST).
10) Emulated in: DOSBox
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.