Gun Fight (arcade) 1975
First game to use microprocessor, first video game with stereo sound, first game with violence, first game with ability to kill people, first game to depict human-to-human combat, first to depict a gun on screen, first game to feature game characters and fragments of story through its visual presentation, marking the beginning of cinematic elements in game, first short music tune in games, first lawbreaking theme game, first game with stereo sound
Monochrome game with color overlay
Arcade system: Midway 8080
Western Gun gameplay video (Original version) (1975)
Photos of original "Western gun"
1) The game use bitmapped framebuffer technology to display animated human-like characters with help of Fujitsu's MB14241 video shifter chip, which was also later used in Space Invaders.
2) The title Western Gun, while making perfect sense for Japanese audiences in that it conveys the setting and theme as simply as possible, was considered to have sounded odd to American audiences, so it was renamed Gun Fight instead for its American localization.
3) Tomohiro Nishikado's original "Western Gun" game design was based on discrete logic, like most video arcade games of the time. When Dave Nutting adapted it for Midway, he decided to base it on the Intel 8080, which made Gun Fight the first video game to use a microprocessor.
4) A microprocessor is a computer processor that incorporates the functions of a computer's central processing unit (CPU) on a single integrated circuit (IC), or at most a few integrated circuits. The microprocessor is a multipurpose, programmable device that accepts digital data as input, processes it according to instructions stored in its memory, and provides results as output. Microprocessors contain both combinational logic and sequential digital logic.
5) Game has unofficial sequel Sheriff.
6) First game with stereo sound - format was not popular in arcades, even newer high budget games
911 still had mono sound. Other rare early videogames with stereo sound was arcade
Race (1976) and Dragon's Lair
(1983). In home videogaming stereosound didn't used before 1985 with the release of Amiga
1000 computer, and first game console with stereosound was TurboGrafx-16 (1987).
7) Game uses processor Intel 8080. 2 mhz.
8) Originally released in Japan as "Western gun" (with different graphics and without processor,this version is lost).
9) Emulated in: MAME (only Gun Fight).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.