Galaxy Game (arcade and DEC PDP-11/20, vector display terminal) 1971
First arcade electronic video game, first electronic video game with a poster, first commercial electronic video game, first vector
Silent, monochrome game with color overlay
Arcade system: unique (based on DEC PDP-11/20 computer)
!) First coin-operated game incorporated a DEC PDP-11/20 with vector displays. It was two months before the release of Computer Space, the first mass-produced video game.
2) Now in the collection of the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California.
3) Port of the Spacewar! (1962).
4) Up to 8 machines could be controlled by a single PDP-11 computer (watch image of the computer here)
5) A vector monitor is a display device used for computer graphics up through the 1970s. It is a type of CRT, similar to that of an early oscilloscope. In a vector display, the image is composed of drawn lines rather than a grid of glowing pixels as in raster graphics. The electron beam follows an arbitrary path tracing the connected sloped lines, rather than following the same horizontal raster path for all images. The beam skips over dark areas of the image without visiting their points.
6) The game was never mass-produced and was only available at the Tresidder Union Coffee House at Stanford University.
7) The game also features a single-player mode for practice.
8) First arcade video game is Auto Test.
9) Vector graphics are based on vectors, which lead through locations called control points or nodes. Each of these points has a definite position on the x and y axes of the work plane and determines the direction of the path; further, each path may be assigned a stroke color, shape, thickness, and fill.
10) Emulated in: MAME (not fully emulated).
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
See my other website: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.