Donkey Kong (arcade) 1981
First game that allowed player to jump over objects (jump over gaps and obstacles or approaching enemies), second game with cut-scenes (after Pac-man), first true platform game with jumping ability
Arcade system: unique
Magazine review -Electronic games (1982)
Magazine review - Joystick (1982)
1) Inspired by King Kong, Popeye, and Beauty and the Beast stories.
2) A lawsuit brought on by Universal City Studios, alleging Donkey Kong violated their trademark of King Kong, ultimately failed.
3) The hero is a carpenter originally named Jumpman, and would later be known as Mario. The ape kidnaps Jumpman's girlfriend, originally known as the Lady, but later named Pauline (often confused for Princess Peach).
4) At the time, Nintendo was also pursuing a license to make a game based on the Popeye comic strip. When this license attempt failed, Nintendo took the opportunity to create new characters. Miyamoto came up with many characters and plot concepts, but he eventually settled on a love triangle between gorilla, carpenter, and girlfriend that mirrors the rivalry between Bluto and Popeye for Olive Oyl.
5) Origins of the name "Donkey Kong": Miyamoto looked in a Japanese-English dictionary for something that would mean "stubborn gorilla", or that "Donkey" was meant to convey "silly" or "stubborn"; "Kong" was common Japanese slang for "gorilla".
6) The name of Jumpman, a name originally chosen for its similarity to the popular brands Walkman and Pac-Man, was eventually changed to Mario in likeness of Mario Segale, Nintendo's office landlord.
7) For more Mario games watch Super Mario 64.
8) First platform game is Space Panic (1980).
9) Original arcade game has muffled sound and amplifier to level sound.
10) Emulated in: MAME
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
See my other website: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.