ARQuake (Unix custom computer) 2000
First outdoor augmented reality game
Computer and player
Magazine review - Computers & Graphics, (2001)
"ARQuake is another example of a system that blends users in the real world with those in apurely virtual environment. A mobile AR user played a combatant in the computer game Quake, where the game ran with a virtual model of the real environment."
1) ARQuake is an Augmented Reality version (mod) of the popular Quake game by id Software. Created in the Wearable Computer Lab at the University of South Australia. Uses an AR head mounted display, special laptop based on Unix (in the bag on the back of the player), head tracker, GPS system to provide inputs to control the game, and small plastic gun prop.
2) The monsters' skin colour and texture were changed to make them easier to see and distinguish from the physical world.
3) Head mounted display is Sony Glasstron (800x600 SVGA resolution).
4) System weight is 16 kg.
6) Because of the police attention on the streets, realistic plastic
gun props was replaced by kids toy.
7) First home augmented reality game is The Eye of Judgment (2007).
8) Game is not emulated.
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
Watch my other site: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.