The 7th Guest (DOS) 1992
First 3D adventure game
Pictures from official Strategy guide
Preview (Ace) (1992-02)
Magazine review (CVG) 1993
1) Developed by Autodesk 3D (Virtual Racquetball).
2) Made in 1992, released year later.
3) The 7th Guest was one of the first games for the ersonal computers to be available only on CD-ROM, since it was too large to be distributed on floppy disks.
4) Bill Gates called The 7th Guest "the new standard in interactive entertainment".
5) The 7th Guest was the first graphic adventure to use 640x320 graphics with 256 colors; Trilobyte reportedly spent more than $500,000 over more than two years to produce the graphics.
6) Blue-screened footage was imperfect and left ghostly auras, and nothing could be done do change that, so developers left it in the game as a feature.
7) Numerable changes were made during production due to various limitations (and a decision midway
through to cut most of the blood and violence).
8) Stauf's name is an anagram of Faust.
9) Supports Roland MT-32 audio.
10) Emulated in: DOSBox
Site Developed from 2008-2014
Site Launched -2014, may
tags: history of videogames, ultimate history of video games, evolution of videogames, история видеоигр, история компьютерных игр, history of video games,
ultimate history of videogames,#gaming #videogames #gamesHashtag
See my other website: Ultimate history of computer
You can write comments on every site page in comments plugin.